Monday, June 1, 2015

Silk Road, the founder Ross Ulbricht is life imprisonment – Hardware upgrade.it

Ross Ulbricht was found guilty in February of all seven counts in the process related to its conduct of the black market online Silk Road . Over the weekend came the judgment by a US federal court, with a penalty equal to life imprisonment and the payment of compensation to the government.


 

Before its closure occurred about two years ago with the arrest of its founder, Silk Road had generated a sales of approximately $ 187 million , with a turnover estimated at 1, $ 2 billion. In addition to life imprisonment, the judge ordered to Ulbricht compensation amounting to 184 million dollars for the crimes, including hacking, money laundering and drug trafficking.


 

Eagle Scout and excellent at school, Ross Ulbricht is the perfect portrait of the criminal : “Silk Road was designed to create demand and meet it. Your profile does not fit that of the criminal, but you are a criminal. I do not think you feel a lot of remorse, I do not think that you know what harm you’ve done to a lot of people, “said the judge, addressing the same Ulbricht.

 

On Silk Road were sold medicines, drugs, narcotics, weapons and false documents, all taking advantage of the anonymity guaranteed by bitcoin. Leading the helm of the pirate ship was “Dread Pirate Roberts” , the same pseudonym online Ulbricht sentenced to life imprisonment. An Ulbricht declared that – in vain – to be changed shortly before the judge’s ruling.


 

“I’m not the same man I was when I created Silk Road,” said the founder of Silk Road. “I would go back and try to take another path.” In an effort to get the minimum sentence, or 20 years, in the last weeks of May Ulbricht he had sent a letter to Judge Katherine Forrest signed by 97 men and women, between friends and acquaintances.


 

“I realize the terrible mistake I made. I had my chances in his youth, and now I know that I will take away the middle-aged, but please let the vechiaia”, implored Ulbricht in the letter. “Let a little light at the end of the tunnel, a reason to stay healthy, a reason to dream of better days and a chance to redeem myself in the free world before knowing the creator”.


 

The judge has not succumbed to compassion, and the judgment is made: life imprisonment to the founder of Silk Road and 184 million dollars in compensation to the government .

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment