Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Zuckerberg: “I love Rome, the first undertaking of history” – The Messenger

 
                     Aeneas? The first undertaking of the story. At least according to Mark Zuckerberg, who in his Townhall Q & A with the students of Luiss has given his version of Virgil’s myth, “This man had a mission, serve its community by finding a new, big, city. He had a group of people, a strong spirit, with which to pursue it. And he managed to overcome the difficulties never surrender. ” Mission team, perseverance. These are the three keys to create something long-lasting, “How amazing the city” continues Zuckerberg, but also and above all, digital entrepreneurship. “We must have a clear mission, which may have an impact on society. You have to have a working group with whom to share it; none of the most important things in human history was made by a single person. We must insist, I have unfortunately seen many people abandon their ideas or not exploit them to the full, “replied Zuckerberg, in his classic gray shirt, the question of James, who asked him what was the recipe for success.

STUDENTS

 The meeting of the patron of Facebook (which followed the private papal audience in the morning and the meeting with Prime Minister Renzi at lunchtime), with more than 300 students, startupper and guests of honor, classroom 200 avenue campus of Romania began with a declaration of love for the city of Rome and with a thought for the earthquake that hit central Italy. “As soon as I heard about the earthquake I thought about what I could do to help – says Zuckerberg – I am proud of the fact that more than half of Facebook users have used the area Safety Check function to communicate to feel good to their friends and family” . “When events happen like that – he continued – the media attention and tough little people, but the suffering of the victims remains. For this reason we donated half a million euro to the Red Cross in advertising. ‘ Decision that sparked many concerns on the web.

CESARE AUGUSTO

 Zuckerberg’s passion for the capital was prodded by more questions, “I love Rome so much as to have studied Latin in high school. So much to be come on their honeymoon. So so much that my wife took me around because the pictures of the honeymoon we were always three: me, she and Caesar Augustus, “laughs Zuckerberg joked about the real reason for his roman presence:” Actually, I came to look for Pokémon ». The joke gives him an opportunity to introduce two of the issues that are part of the core mission of Facebook: virtual reality – Facebook bought Oculus Rift for $ 2 billion – and augmented reality. “They are the largest social platform ever invented. With virtual reality we could virtually go into content and total experience. Augmented reality, however, allows us to add virtual elements in the real world. “

Among the projects on which you are concentrating the Colossus of Menlo Park, there is also the mission of bringing the Internet to every part the world through the project drone solar Aquila: “We want the whole world is connected, but unfortunately a large part of the Earth does not have an internet connection for economic, geographic or knowledge. Internet is a value. With our drones we can bring connectivity in areas most in need. ” Zuckerberg also mentioned the Fair Group that deals with artificial intelligence, with the GPU Partnership Program that involves also the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, which will be given as soon as a server for the development of projects related to artificial intelligence.

FAMILY

 Zuckerberg was moved thinking of his daughter Max “who do not even know how to walk, but will do so soon, I think,” and how much joy to give her his crawl towards him: “It is happiness. This is the longest period that step without her. I think I have a great responsibility which is to drive it in the best of all possible worlds. My grandparents were migrants, they have made great sacrifices in order to study my parents. One day my mother sat me down next to her and said, “Your father and I are doctors, and we are happy with the impact that we have had in the world. But you must do even more. ” It’s the first time I think of this thing. “

KNOWLEDGE

 There have been awkward questions: like that of Alexis, who asked if Facebook has ruined the process of knowledge between people. “I do not think – laughs Zuckerberg – or rather, we encourage knowledge in person, face to face. What we do is to make possible the connection between people who can not be there at the same time, two distant people. I think me and my sister or my parents, or my daughter Max. Now I could connect to Facebook and greet each one of them. ” David, in video, from Naples asks if he sees himself as a publisher. Zuckerberg is categorical: “No. We are a technology company, not a media company. We do not create content, but the tools to disseminate them “, wriggling more stringent issues such as the question – still open – for recognition of copyright for content producers.

 
                 

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment